Tuesday 7th February 2012 3:30 PM
Welcome to The Cooking School's February eBite:
We are excited this month to tell you about our evening and Sunday courses - so you have even more chances to find something that fits your budget and free time.
In this month's issue:
- New Meaty Courses
- New Prashad Sundays
- Kitchen Basics
- Choose from Duck or Desserts with Rosemary Shrager
- Last Chance for February Have Your Cake and Ice It
- Special Price for Canape Course
- A Taste of....
- New Course Dates and Pricing
- We are excited to announce some great meat courses.
• Cooking and Preparing Meat - 23 June
• Mastering BBQ Cooking - 30 June
• Lishman's at The Cooking School - 18 August and 6 October
- New dates have just been announced for our sell out Prashad courses, some of which are on a Sunday. There are 3 different menus to choose from. Have you cooked them all yet?
- Prashad 1 - Kaushy's Jeera rice, chick pea curry and mixed vegetable pakoras with puri and mint sauce. Book for 7 July and 27 October
- Prashad 2 - Baby Aubergines stuffed with a rich Peanut Massala, perfectly cooked Fluffy Rice and Khuddy Rich Yoghurt Sauce and Gujarati Banana Bhajis. Book for 12 May and 19 August
- Prashad 3 - Mixed Vegetable Handi, Coriander and Garlic Rice and demonstration of making Papodoms. Book for 9 September only
- Prashad Special Christmas menu - to be announced - Book for 11 November
Please note that the price of Prashad courses will increase after the 7 July course from £140 to £155 per person.
- Take the mystery out of the kitchen with this fantastic introduction to preparing and cooking food. Running over 2 evenings in July, the course will develop knife skills, preparation of food and presentation. Perfect for anyone leaving home to go to university or college, or anyone wanting to get back to basics. Click here for more details.
- Choose from 2 dates to cook with Rosemary Shrager. This time she will be spending a full day with us on the 12 April and also 16 June. Choose from a Masterclass in Sweets or a Masterclass with Duck. Tickets are just £225. Book now to avoid disappointment.
- We are thrilled to announce that Allison from Proper Maid Cakes will be joining Matthew for our cake baking course on 11 February. and there is still time to book. Alison will be demonstrating some of her award winning cakes, along with Principal Chef Tutor Matthew Benson-Smith. Allison will be showing you how to make sticky ginger cake finished with fudge, lemon and poppy drizzle cake with homemade lemon curd a courgette and lime cake and a Genoese sponge with jam. Click here to book.
- We have now lowered the price of our Canape course to just £95 for a full day. - saving you £45 per person. Learn how to make fantastic bite-sized treats for dinner parties, weddings or just a posh night in! Typical dishes will include Beetroot marinated halibut with wasabi, quick miniature cheese croissants and miniature Yorkshire puddings with sweet and savoury flavours. Click here to book.
- Just added to our Taste Of… series of evening courses is A Taste of Super Soups and Sauces. Click here for more information.
We still have places on our "Taste Of…" series of evening courses - book now for A Taste of the Orient or A Taste of The Mediterranean. At £120 for 3 evenings, that's just £40 a session and you get to take your meal home with you. Click here to book the courses.
- We have added new dates for a range of courses from bread, to cakes, fish and Yorkshire produce. Click here to see the current course calendar. We will be increasing the cost of our courses by £5 from July onwards to £145; still astonishing value for a full day of expert tuition. As always, all profits go straight back into our charity Focus on Food. Click here to find out more. (Note: celebrity and guest chef courses will have different pricing, check our course list for details.)
Posted 3:30 PM | Permalink