Quick Bread Dough
Thursday 2nd February 2012 4:43 PM
This recipe makes enough dough for 6 rolls, a small (200g) tin loaf, 2 focaccia, 1 large pizza base or 2 smaller ones, or 3 calzones.
Also great for tear and share - and perfect with our soup recipes.
225g strong plain flour
- mixing bowl
How to make it
1. Mix the flour and yeast in a mixing bowl. Make a 'well' in the centre.
2. Add all the warm water and oil. Mix to a soft dough with a wooden spoon. Additional water will be needed if the mixture is too dry.
3. Use one hand to gather the dough together. Knead on a lightly floured surface for approximately 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and springy.
4. Place the dough (covered) in a warm place until risen twice its size.
5. Re-knead ('knock-back') the dough and shape it, as required (see below).
6. Heat the oven to 220°c/Gas7. Set aside to rise again and then bake.
Posted 4:43 PM | Permalink