Saturday 9th October 2010 11:57 AM
For all chutney lovers this Beetroot and Onion Chutney is great served with cheese or cold meats. This recipe makes approximately 200g of chutney.
125g beetroot - cooked in malt vinegar - chopped
How to make it
1. Place all the ingredients in the pan. Stir well and heat gently to boiling.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45-50 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 140°C/Gas 1.
3. Place the clean jars in the oven to heat for 20-25 minutes.
4. Ladle the hot chutney into the jars, using the scraper to ensure that all the chutney is removed from the pan.
5. When cool, cover the chutney. Serve it with cheese or cold meat.
Posted 11:57 AM | Permalink