Tuesday 17th August 2010 12:01 PM
This soup uses raw beetroot cooked with onion and potato. Serves 4.
300g raw beetroot - washed and trimmed
How to make it
1. Dice the beetroot and set it aside. Heat the pan and add the olive oil and the onion. Cook the onion slowly for 5 minutes or until it has softened.
2. Add the beetroot and the potato and continue to cook gently for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add the stock and the lemon juice and heat to boiling. Season with pepper and, with the pan lid half on, cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
4. Pour the soup into the blender goblet and whizz until smooth. Return the soup to the (clean) pan and reheat it gently, until it is piping hot.
5. Serve the soup in warmed bowls. Add a tablespoon of soured cream and top with a few root crisps and a sprinkling of chives (whole stalks or chopped).
Posted 12:01 PM | Permalink