Thursday 30th September 2010 12:23 PM
This will set your taste buds tingling with the sharp fresh flavour of lemon.
Makes approximately 250-300g Lemon Curd.
2 clean jam jars
How to make it
1. Heat the oven to 110°C/Gas 1/4 (or low). Lay the jam jars on the oven shelf to heat and sterilize.
2. With the fine 'teeth' of the grater, grate the zest from the lemons. Place the zest in the mixing bowl with the sugar.
3. Crack the eggs into the small bowl and lightly whisk them with a fork until the whites and yolks are combined. Set aside.
4. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice from the halves and add it to the mixing bowl. Add the cubed butter.
5. Bring a panful of water to the boil and reduce the heat until it is simmering. Place the mixing bowl over the simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water).
6. Through a sieve, strain the beaten egg into the bowl. With a wooden spoon, stir continuously until the lemon mixture thickens. Transfer the mixture to a measuring jug, using the scraper to remove all the mixture from the sides of the bowl.
7. Pour the lemon curd into the hot jar. Cover and leave to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator for a week to 10 days.
Posted 12:23 PM | Permalink